Justin and I spent Christmas weekend in Southern California with the Munoz and Marmer families. Since I've never been to Disneyland (Growing up on the East Coast, I've only been to Disney World), we went down south a bit earlier so Justin and I could spend Friday enjoying the park. We hit many of the main attractions in our 6 hours there. It was a beautiful day and a fun place to celebrate the season!
Christmas Eve was relaxing. I made 2 cheesecakes in the morning - one for the Munoz get together and one for the Marmer get together. Justin and I decided to take a walk along the ocean in Newport Beach. The weather was amazing! And for Christmas Eve dinner we headed over to Carlos and Lisa's for their traditional tamale meal. Mmmm, mmmm!
Christmas morning brought more beautiful weather, we're talking 75 degrees and sunny! Even though I wasn't used to being hot on Christmas Day, it was filled with all of the same fun. Presents to open, toys to build and play with (Mike's telescope that is), and yummy food. Mike planned a four course dinner for Christmas. We started with a lobster appetizer from the French Laundry cookbook - the lobsters were flown in live from Maine! That was followed by a foie gras (from from New York) appetizer. And to round out the savory part of the meal, we had beef tenderloin with bearnaise sauce and asparagus. Our final course was Mike traditional bread pudding and my cheesecake.