Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lake Powell Vacation

One of the first stories I heard about after meeting Justin was his family's trip every other year to Lake Powell. Unfortunately, we couldn't make the trip the first summer we met. So this summer was my first experience with the Munoz/Marmer family in Lake Powell. And I have to say it had a lot to live up to! There were years of stories that I was expecting to experience myself. I was not disappointed! The trip was a fun as everyone had led me to believe it was. I didn't grow up around boats like my husband did so this was a fun experience for more than just the vacation aspect too!

My birthday happened to fall on the first full day of being on the house boat. And it was one of the best yet. We had our own private fireworks show courtesy of Grant, Aaron, and Justin! That was a first for me =) The rest of the trip was only more fun in the sun, great food, and wonderful company.

I didn't really understand the appeal of going to Vegas after a glorious week on the houseboat. Well after bathing the lake for the week and running out of fresh water the last day, I now see how a nice couple of nights at the Venetian can be so utterly refreshing =)